Comrades, leave me here a little, while as yet 'tis early morn:
同志们,让我暂且留在这儿片刻,如今仍是清晨时分:
Leave me here, and when you want me, sound upon the bugle-horn.
稍后若需呼唤我,就吹响那号角吧。
'Tis the place, and all around it, as of old, the curlews call,
就是这个地方,四周依旧能听到杓鹬的啼鸣,宛如往昔,
Dreary gleams about the moorland flying over Locksley Hall;
在荒野上闪现几缕黯淡的光,掠过洛克斯利庄园;
Locksley Hall, that in the distance overlooks the sandy tracts,
远处的洛克斯利庄园,俯瞰着那片寂静的沙地,
And the hollow ocean-ridges roaring into cataracts.
空洞的海浪脊背轰然翻滚,如奔腾的瀑流。
Many a night from yonder ivied casement, ere I went to rest,
昔日,我曾多次倚靠那爬满长春藤的窗户,深夜未眠,
Did I look on great Orion sloping slowly to the West.
望着雄壮的猎户星座徐徐向西方沉落。
When the centuries behind me like a fruitful land reposed;
彼时,过去的岁月恰似丰饶之地向我敞开;
When I clung to all the present for the promise that it closed:
我紧抓当下,只因其中蕴含无尽的希望;
When I dipt into the future far as human eye could see;
当我将目光投向未来,人力所能及的最远处;
Saw the Vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.—
我仿佛预见世界的幻象,以及那将到来的神奇景象。——
... ...
(诗中略去部分)
Love took up the glass of Time, and turn'd it in his glowing hands;
爱情曾捧起时光之镜,在那炽热的双手中翻转;
Every moment, lightly shaken, ran itself in golden sands.
每一瞬间都如金色沙粒般盈盈落下,无声流逝。
Love took up the harp of Life, and smote on all the chords with might;
爱情亦曾擎起生命之琴,用力拨动弦上每一根弦;
Smote the chord of Self, that, trembling, pass'd in music out of sight.
拨动那自我之弦,颤动间音乐飞逝于无形。
... ...
(诗中略去部分)
Yet I doubt not thro' the ages one increasing purpose runs,
但我不曾怀疑,跨越漫漫时代,有条持续生长的宏愿,
And the thoughts of men are widen'd with the process of the suns.
而人类的思维,正随日月流转渐次丰盈宽广。