「愛情的神性」※ 一首剖析愛情本質及其與信仰關係的詩作 ※ 經典名詩

A surreal depiction of two intertwined souls glowing with divine light, set against a cosmic background blending elements of a church altar and romantic sunset hues.

Loves Deitie - John Donne

愛情的神性 - 約翰·鄧恩

探討愛與靈魂的神聖聯繫

I gave her mine before we met,
我在相遇前已將我的心給了她,
And told her so; she did not fret,
並告訴了她;她沒有煩惱,
Nor strive to kill the worm that grew
也沒有試圖扼殺那生長的蟲,
In her breast too.
在她的胸膛裡。
When I said, “Dost thou think to deny Thy love, and yet love?“ she did reply,
當我說:「你是否認為否認你的愛,卻仍然愛著?」她回答道,
“Love's deity in me is dead, Yet love survives.“
「愛之神在我心中已死,但愛依然存活。」
She swore, by all that's good and fair,
她發誓,憑藉一切善良與美好,
Her heart was turned to stone with care;
她的心因憂慮而變成了石頭;
But when I asked if this were true,
但當我問這是否屬實時,
She answered, “No.“
她回答:「不是。」
For though her heart seemed made of stone,
因為儘管她的心看似石頭,
Yet could it break, and I had shown
但它仍可能破碎,而我已經證明了
That I had broke it; for my sake
我已將它打碎;為了我的緣故
She bled and died.
她流血並死去。
Then since she could not live, but he
然後,既然她無法活下去,只有那個
That loved her best should with her be,
最愛她的人應該陪伴著她,
I took her to my arms again,
我又一次將她擁入懷中,
And kissed her eyes.
並親吻了她的眼睛。
  • The poem contains archaic language such as 'dost' and 'thy', which have been translated into modern equivalents in Chinese.
  • Some lines like 'worm that grew in her breast' are metaphorical and may require deeper contextual understanding.

詩歌詳解:〈愛的神明〉

約翰·多恩(John Donne)的這首詩《Loves Deitie》探討了愛情的複雜性,並以矛盾和悖論的方式揭示了愛情與人性之間的關係。以下將逐段解釋這首詩。

第一段:

「I gave her mine before we met, And told her so; she did not fret, Nor strive to kill the worm that grew In her breast too.」

詩人開篇便指出,在他們相識之前,他已經將自己的愛獻給了對方,並且告訴了她。然而,她並沒有因此感到不安,也沒有試圖去消滅在她心中生長的「蟲子」——象徵著愛情或情感的萌芽。這裡暗示了一種冷靜、克制的情感反應,顯示出女子對愛情的態度。

第二段:

「When I said, ‘Dost thou think to deny Thy love, and yet love?’ she did reply, ‘Love's deity in me is dead, Yet love survives.’」

當詩人問女子是否能夠否認她的愛卻仍然擁有愛時,她回答說:「愛的神明在我心中已死,但愛依然存在。」這句話充滿哲理,表達了一種超越宗教或信仰層面的愛情觀。即使「愛的神明」(可能指代傳統意義上的愛情規範或理念)已經死亡,但真正的愛卻仍然存續。

第三段:

「She swore, by all that's good and fair, Her heart was turned to stone with care; But when I asked if this were true, She answered, ‘No.’」

女子發誓說,由於憂慮,她的心已經變得像石頭一樣堅硬。但當詩人詢問這是否屬實時,她卻回答「不是」。這進一步強調了愛情中的矛盾:表面上看似冷漠無情,內心深處卻仍舊柔軟且充滿感情。

第四段:

「For though her heart seemed made of stone, Yet could it break, and I had shown That I had broke it; for my sake She bled and died.」

雖然她的心看似如石頭般堅硬,但它仍然可以破碎。詩人承認自己讓她心碎,甚至因為他的緣故,她「流血而亡」。這裡使用了極端的比喻來形容愛情帶來的痛苦與犧牲。

第五段:

「Then since she could not live, but he That loved her best should with her be, I took her to my arms again, And kissed her eyes.」

既然她無法獨自生存,那麼最愛她的人應該陪伴在她身邊。於是,詩人再次將她擁入懷中,親吻她的眼睛。這一舉動象徵著寬恕與重修舊好,展現了愛情的力量。

第六段:

「And now she lives, and now she wills That I should love her, and I still Do what she wills, and yet she cries, ‘Kill me or kiss.’」

現在,她活了下來,並且希望詩人繼續愛她。儘管詩人遵從她的意願,但她仍然呼喊著:「殺了我或者吻我。」這種矛盾的要求反映了愛情中的掙扎與不確定性。

結尾:

「So while this lasts, let no man say, He loves, and yet love not his way; For she who loves, and loves aright, Does both, or neither.」

最後一段總結全詩,詩人提醒讀者,只要這樣的愛情持續下去,就不要說一個人愛著卻不按自己的方式去愛。因為真正懂得如何去愛的人,會同時做到兩件事,或者一件也不做。這表明了愛情需要平衡與共鳴。

總結:

這首詩通過一系列矛盾和悖論,展示了愛情的多重面貌:既有甜蜜也有痛苦,既有忠誠也有掙扎。詩中的男女主角經歷了分離、痛苦、寬恕與復合,最終揭示了愛情的核心——只有在彼此理解與接納中,才能實現真正的愛。

重點

這首詩以深刻的宗教隱喻和哲學思考,揭示了愛情如何超越世俗界限,成為心靈與神聖之間的橋樑;它提醒讀者珍惜真摯情感,並反思人際關係中更崇高的意義。

意見評論
    開心的時間總是過得特別快!
    可用語言