I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
我赞美我自己,歌唱我自己,
And what I assume you shall assume,
我所承担的,你也将承担,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
因为属于我的每一个原子也同样属于你。
Houses and rooms are full of perfumes, the shelves are crowded with perfumes,
房屋和房间充满香气,架子上挤满了香水,
I breathe the fragrance myself and know it and like it,
我自己呼吸这芬芳,我知道它并且喜欢它,
The distillation would intoxicate me also, but I shall not let it.
蒸馏出的精华也会使我陶醉,但我不愿让它如此。
The atmosphere is not a perfume, it has no taste of the distillation, it is odorless,
空气不是香水,它没有蒸馏的味道,它是无味的,
It is for my mouth forever, I am in love with it,
它永远为我的口而存在,我爱上了它,
I will go to the bank by the wood and become undisguised and naked,
我要去树林边的小河岸,变得毫无掩饰、赤裸,
I am mad for it to be in contact with me.
我渴望它与我接触。
The smoke of my own breath,
我自己呼吸的烟雾,
Echoes, ripples, buzz'd whispers, love-root, silk-thread, crotch and vine,
回声、涟漪、嗡嗡的低语、爱之根、丝线、胯部和藤蔓,
My respiration and inspiration, the beating of my heart, the passing of blood and air through my lungs,
我的呼吸和灵感,我的心跳,血液和空气穿过我的肺,
The sniff of green leaves and dry leaves, and of the shore and dark-color'd sea-rocks, and of hay in the barn,
绿叶和干叶的气息,岸边和深色海岩的气息,以及谷仓里干草的气息,
The sound of the belch'd words of my voice loos'd to the eddies of the wind,
我声音吐出的话语随风的漩涡飘散的声音,
A few light kisses, a few embraces, a reaching around of arms,
几下轻吻,几次拥抱,手臂环绕的动作,
The play of shine and shade on the trees as the supple boughs wag,
当柔韧的树枝摇摆时,树上的光影嬉戏,
The delight alone or in the rush of the streets, or along the fields and hill-sides,
独自一人或在街头熙攘中,或沿着田野和山坡的乐趣,
The feeling of health, the full-noon trill, the song of me rising from bed and meeting the sun.
健康的感觉,正午的颤音,我起床迎接太阳的歌声。
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the earth much?
你是否认为一千英亩很多?你是否衡量过地球有多大?
Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
你是否花了很长时间练习阅读?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
你是否感到骄傲能理解诗的意义?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of all poems,
停下来,与我共度这昼夜,你将拥有所有诗歌的起源,
You shall possess the good of the earth and sun, (there are millions of suns left,)
你将拥有大地和太阳的好处(还有数百万个太阳),
You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look through the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books,
你不再会从二手或三手信息获取事物,也不会透过死人的眼睛看世界,或以书中的幽灵为食,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
你也不应通过我的眼睛看,或从我这里拿走东西,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self.
你应倾听各方,并从自我过滤它们。