Since I am coming to that holy room,
既然我将走向那神圣的居所,
Where, with thy choir of saints for evermore,
在那儿,与无数圣徒之声永世同在,
I shall be made thy music; as I come
我也将融入你的乐章;当我徐行至门前,
I tune the instrument here at the door,
便在门口调弦,试着让这心灵之器和谐,
And what I must do then, think here before.
并先行思忖,届时我当如何献演。
Whilst my physicians by their love are grown
此刻,我的医生们出于关怀,宛若地理绘图师,
Cosmographers, and I their map, who lie
而我俨然成了他们的地图,平铺在病床上,
Flat on this bed, that by them may be shown
借由他们指点,标识这“西南”新发现,
That this is my south-west discovery,
或许此刻便是我的西南航线,
Per fretum febris, by these straits to die,
穿越热病之海峡,终将走到生命尽头。
I joy, that in these straits I see my west;
然而我仍欣喜,在这逼仄海峡里,我看见了“西方”终站;
For, though their currents yield return to none,
纵使此处激流汹涌,无人得以回返,
What shall my west hurt me? As west and east
我的西方又能如何伤我?毕竟在平展的地图上,
In all flat maps (and I am one) are one,
西方与东方本自相连,而我此身亦如其一,
So death doth touch the resurrection.
正如死亡也必与复活紧贴相接。
Is the pacific sea my home? Or are
是太平洋将会成为我的归宿?还是,
The eastern riches? Is Jerusalem?
那蕴藏无数珍宝的东方,或那圣城耶路撒冷?
Anyan, and Magellan, and Gibraltar,
安雅海峡、麦哲伦海峡、直至直布罗陀,
All straits, and none but straits, are ways to them,
诸般海峡,此去无他途,唯有以此穿行,
Whether where Japhet dwelt, or Cham, or Shem.
不论那土地曾是雅弗、含,亦或闪的居所。
We think that Paradise and Calvary,
人们认为乐园与加略山,
Christ's cross, and Adam's tree, stood in one place;
基督的十字架与亚当之树,皆耸立于同一处;
Look, Lord, and find both Adams met in me;
主啊,垂目看我,让始祖亚当与末世基督在我身上相遇;
As the first Adam's sweat surrounds my face,
当初生亚当的汗水浸满我的面容,
May the last Adam's blood my soul embrace.
愿末生的基督之血将我灵魂收拢拥抱。
So, in his purple wrapp'd receive me, Lord,
愿你以那紫色华裳将我裹起,主啊,
By these his thorns, give me his other crown;
借他头上荆棘还我另一顶荣耀冠冕;
And as to others' souls I preach'd thy word,
正如我向他人灵魂传扬你的真道,
Be this my text, my sermon to mine own:
愿此刻成为我对自身灵魂所作的讲章与经文:
Therefore that he may raise, the Lord throws down.
惟有主先让我跌入尘埃,方能将我擎举复苏。