昌谷集(选一) - 李贺

人生苦短,飞光易逝的慨叹与追寻
苦昼短
Kǔ Zhòu Duǎn (The Daylight is So Brief)
飞光飞光,劝尔一杯酒。
Fleeting light, fleeting light—let me urge you to share a cup of wine.
吾不识青天高,黄地厚。
I do not know how high the blue sky is, nor how deep the yellow earth lies.
惟见月寒日暖,来煎人寿。
All I see is the cold moon and the warm sun, searing away our short lives.
食熊则肥,食蛙则瘦;
Those who feast on bear grow fat, on frogs stay thin;
神君何在?太一安有?
But where is the Divine Lord, and does Taiyi truly exist?
天东有若木,下置衔烛龙。
In the east of Heaven grows the Fusang tree, beneath which a candle-bearing dragon stands.
虾蟇九似在月窟,胡不灭魄雄?
A nine-formed toad dwells in the moon’s lair—why not snuff out that raging specter?
汤谷茫茫,烟树苍苍。
Wide stretches Tang Valley, with mist-shrouded trees deep in verdant hue.
彼苍者天,曷其有极?
That vast azure is our sky—who can tell if it has any end?
先圣晦昧,难以行觅。
Past sages lie concealed in darkness; how could we ever seek them out?
呼灯看银缸,飞光那可待?
I call for lights and stare at the silver lamp—how can I await the fleeting glow?
哦诗愁莫展,为觅长门风。
I chant my verse, my sorrow unrelieved—perhaps I’ll search for the mournful wind of Changmen.
《苦昼短》选自李贺《昌谷集》,代表了他对人生、宇宙与时间的深度思考。全诗以“飞光飞光,劝尔一杯酒”开篇,直点主题:人生苦短,珍惜当下。诗人自言“吾不识青天高,黄地厚”,不是对天地无知,而是感慨人类认知的有限与生命的渺小。接着写“惟见月寒日暖,来煎人寿”,将月日相对,却最终都在侵蚀人的寿命,凸显生命之短促与无可逃脱的流逝。
“食熊则肥,食蛙则瘦;神君何在?太一安有?”这几句表面写饮食差异,却瞬间转向对神明的质疑,暗示对古代传说和天地法则的迷茫。天东的“若木”、口衔烛火的龙、月中九似之虾蟇等神话意象,展现诗人奇诡的联想与浪漫笔调,让人仿佛置身于一个虚实交错、神秘莫测的世界。
“汤谷茫茫,烟树苍苍。彼苍者天,曷其有极?”又将眼界推向更为广阔的时空:既感慨天地无垠,也流露出对过往圣贤无法抵达或求索的无奈。最后,“呼灯看银缸,飞光那可待?”将话题再次收回到“飞光”之上:既呼应开篇,又强化了光阴难留、生命有限的悲叹。全诗结于“哦诗愁莫展,为觅长门风”:诗人倾诉内心郁结,用典“长门”隐约含有冷宫失宠的寂寞之感。
整首诗想象奇谲,发问直率,结构上大开大合。李贺一面展现自身才思与对天地奥秘的探索,一面吐露对光阴易逝、人生难测的深沉忧伤。此种既豪放又悲慨的调性,恰恰彰显了他独特的“雄浑而哀艳”的美学风格,也让《苦昼短》成为后世津津乐道、频繁引用的唐代佳作之一。
要点
1. 以月日、若木、虾蟇、衔烛龙等神话意象,融合浪漫瑰丽与深沉思辨。
2. 针对人生短暂、时间飞逝的极度关注,隐含对天地与神灵的追问和质疑。
3. 诗歌开合有致,结尾回环点题,极具李贺式的幽远神秘和悲凉雄浑之美。