「老將行」※ 鐵馬金戈與英雄遲暮的交織 ※ 經典名詩

Song of the Old General

老将行 - 王维

一曲滄桑邊塞風雲的深沈回顧

少年十五二十時
When I was young, just fifteen or twenty,
步行奪得胡馬騎
I traveled on foot and captured a Tartar horse to ride.
射殺中山千里馬
I shot down Zhongshan’s thousand-mile steed,
躍如麒麟踏犀兕
Leaping like a qilin trampling the rhinoceros.
鐵衣遠戍辛苦久
In iron armor, I long endured hardship on the frontier.
玉箸應啼別離後
Tears like jade must have flowed after parting.
少婦城南欲斷腸
A young wife in the southern city weeps her heart out,
征人薊北空回首
While the soldier in Jibei looks back in vain.
邊庭飄颻那可度
At the drifting frontier, how can one simply cross?
絕域蒼茫更何有
Beyond the desolate borders, what else remains?
殺氣三時作陣雲
Thrice a day, warlike clouds form amid killing intent,
寶刀百煉化為龍
A treasured blade, forged a hundred times, becomes a dragon.
霜蹄蹴踏長楸間
Hooves chilled by frost pound between long rows of trees,
馬走龍蛇動四邊
The steed gallops like dragon and serpent, stirring all around.
如今老去無筋力
Now in old age, my sinews have lost their strength,
昔時驕氣今何在
That once-proud spirit—where is it now?
昔時飛箭如破竹
In bygone days, my arrows flew swift as splitting bamboo,
目視千里隔山岳
My gaze spanning a thousand miles, beyond mountains and ridges.
今日嵬然摧折中
Today, I stand tall but bowed beneath the weight of years,
目不明耳亦聾
My sight grown dim, my hearing faint.
朝作枯槁似松柏
By morning, I’m withered like an ancient pine,
暮來伏枕形影空
By evening, I lie down, hollow in form and shadow.
君不見沙場征戰苦
Do you not see how bitter the battlefield is?
至今猶憶李將軍
Even now, we recall the valor of General Li.

本詩描寫一位曾經叱吒戰場的老兵,從壯年到年老的滄桑轉變。詩的前半部透過回憶昔日英勇戰績,展現主人公年輕時的勁健身手與驕傲氣勢;他步行取得胡馬、射殺千里馬,意氣風發,宛如騎著麒麟般威武。接著,詩中不僅寫到征戰邊塞的辛苦與艱險,也觸及後方家人的哀傷,呈現戰爭下兩地相思的境況。邊境環境的荒涼與變幻莫測,更烘托出戰士內心的憂慮與無奈。

然而,時光催人老,詩的後半部轉入對晚年萎靡現狀的描繪。這位昔日飛箭破竹、能視千里的勇士,如今卻目不明、耳亦聾,筋力不再。透過對比手法,王維刻畫出一種“英雄遲暮、鬢已星霜”的悲涼感。最後一句提及“至今猶憶李將軍”,將這位老兵的英雄形象與李廣等歷史名將相連,既強化了征戰歲月的深刻印象,也喚起讀者對時代與人物的共同追思。全詩融入了對人生流逝與戰爭苦難的反省,在雄渾與滄桑之間,呈現出唐代邊塞詩的典型精神風貌。

王維在此詩中兼具細膩的情感刻劃與滂沱的氣勢表現,不僅具備描繪邊關生活的雄渾筆調,也兼容了佛家關照人世滄桑的特質。全詩時而豪放,時而淒涼,既讓人感受到戰鬥的壯烈,也體悟到人生韶華易逝的落寞之嘆,呼應了唐詩在情感表達上的多層次魅力。

重點

• 展現戰士從英姿颯爽到英雄遲暮的強烈對比
• 觸及邊關征戰的艱辛與家人離別的哀愁
• 以時代背景烘托人生無常,揭示榮耀與失落交織
• 融合豪放與淒涼的詩風,展現唐代邊塞詩的典型風韻

喔!時光竟然這麼快就過⋯
提供語言版本